Transportation Futures: Ontario's Inaugural Road Pricing Forum
Date: Thursday, November 13, 2008
Location: Hart House at the University of Toronto
Traffic congestion. Lost time. Crumbling roads. Increasing emissions. Few transportation choices.
Can road pricing play a role in improving mobility, air quality and the state of the nation's transportation infrastructure? Or is it just a cash grab?
To answer these questions, the non-partisan Transportation Futures Forum will showcase how several countries have dealt with road pricing issues related to policy development, public acceptance, technology, governance and investment. They include:
- London's Congestion Charging Scheme
- France's Variable Tolling System
- Germany's Satellite-based Toll Collection System for Heavy Trucks
- Oregon's VMT-Based Road Charging Pilot Project
- Holland's "Different Payment for Mobility' Plan