From Toronto Coalition for Active Transportation newsletter:
Recent TCAT activities and news items:
- Two Weekends with the Alliance for Biking and Walking a Great Success!
- Bike Lanes, On-Street Parking and Business Webinar recording now available on-line
- Fort York Pedestrian and Cycle Bridge: Public Meeting April 16
- Martin Goodman Trail redesign: Comment by April 17
- Walk & Bike for Life brings Janette Sadik-Khan to Ontario: April 22
- Roncesvalles Village Considers New Street Designs
- Reminder! Bike Summit 2009 in Toronto - Early Bird Rates to Apr 24th!
1. Two Weekends with the Alliance for Biking and Walking a Great Success!
Over the past two weekends TCAT and the Toronto Cyclists Union hosted intensive training and strategic development for advocates.
Between Mar 27-29, a group of nineteen dedicated advocates spent the entire weekend together with sleeves rolled up developing campaigns to improve cycling and walking in Toronto and across the province. Facilitated by a talented team of three: Chanda Causer and Jeremy Grandstaff from the Alliance for Biking and Walking (formerly known as Thunderhead Alliance) and Ron Milam, the group worked together to develop effective strategies and to learn how winning campaigns have been implemented elsewhere. Yvonne Bambrick, the Executive Director of the Toronto Cyclists Union, captured how fun and productive the training was for everyone involved with these photos.