Here's a posting of near daily cycling news from across the country, and sometimes interesting things from around the world. If I missed a worthy piece, please pass it on to me. As always, comments welcome.
- City sheds light on safe cycling (Press Release, Ottawa, Sep 13)]
Some cities give away free lights, some heavily ticket offenders, Ottawa gently reminds us with a press release.
- Abby’s easing into bike lanes (Aldegrove Star, BC, Sep 13)
- Metal Cowboy to help Ride the Lobster (ChronicleHerald.ca, Halifax NS, Sep 14)
- The bicycle thief (Salon.com, Sep 13)
- Bike Happening: Hundreds of crazed cyclists cruise Farmer's Market streets (KSBY, CA, Sep 13) Bad headline, but the event sounds like fun!
- Virginia-Highland sunken manholes a danger to cyclists (Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta GA, Sep 13) Something like the Star's fixer
- ‘Ride of Silence’ honors slain cyclists (Gulf Coast Newspapers, AL, Sep 13)
- Great River Ride takes cyclists across Illinois(Springfield State Journal Register, IL, Sep 14)
- Compulsory helmet decision gives electric bicycle sales a jolt (VietNamNet Bridge, Vietnam, Sep 14)
- Mayor Hau leads bicycle tour in Car Free Day (The China Post, Taipei Taiwan, Sep 14)
- Cyclist rides to bring out Best (The Tribune-Democrat, PA, Sep 14)