Here's a posting of near daily cycling news from across the country, and sometimes
interesting things from around the world. If I missed a worthy piece, please pass it on
to me. As always, comments welcome.
- iBikeTO announces first annual iBikeTO award, niminations wanted (iBikeTO, Sep 20)
- Bicycles on the TTC (Steve Munro, Sep 20)
- BTAC releases comprehensive policy program to promote cycling (Press Relese, Sep 20) also here and here and you can read what i thought about it here and what Bill Bean thinks at Take The Lane
- Two per cent of BC workers put their mettle to the pedal (Vancouver Sun, Sep 21)
- Cyclists deserve more respect (The Leader-Post, SK, Sep 21)
- Do it right or not at all (The Gazette, Sep 21)
That's right, pull those mean-spirited motorists off the road! At least for "Car-Free Day".
- New bike path on the way (McGill Daily, Sep 20)
and Tino mentioned it there
- NYC on track for first-ever separated bike lane (BikePortland.org, Sep 21) Also at StreetsBlog
- Give me a sign (GristMill, Sep 20)
- Two wheels TOO MANY (Nation Multimedia, Bankok, Sept 20)
- PEDAL POWER ON SHOW (Bagkok Post, Sep 21)
- Ride a bike? You must be rich (Times Online, UK, Sep 21)
Cycling advocates already know this...
- Cyclists want more driver education (Arizona Republic, AZ, Sep 20)
...And this was also part of BTAC's announcement yesterday,and was part of the reason why CAN-BIKE was invited to participate
- Menino mounting bid to make city a bicyclist's dream (Boston Globe, Sep 20)
Big news out of Boston. Best of luck to you! More here, here, here, here, and here
- Bear attack victim saved by bike helmet (Pierceland Herald, Sep 21)
- Buffy Is Glad to Be Back Among the Educated People (Daily Intelligencer, Sep 20)
this stuff makes me smile, and also shake my head.
Should I create a cycling related "news of the weird" category just for stuff like this?
Gadgets and Gizmos
- Making Bicycles That Balance Better (Science Daily, Sep 20)