Here's a posting of near daily cycling news from across the country, and sometimes
interesting things from around the world. If I missed a worthy piece, please pass it on
to me. As always, comments welcome.
- Pedestrian-friendly changes planned for Toronto (680 News, Sep 28)
- City plans bike, foot-friendly corridor (Toronto Star, Sep 28)
About time the city started talking about this. I want action to follow.
- To Serve And Protect - As Long As You Are Not A Cyclist (reading Toronto, Sep 27)
When the time comes, I hope you'll do your part!
- Two-Wheel Discrimination (Pitch Weekly, MO, Sep 26)
If you ride a bike, and expect bike parking, you are an activist.
- Police officers get bicycle ban (BBC News, Sept 24)
One crash and bicycling is too dangerous for the cops! Imagine how the rest of us feel!
- Critical Mass celebrating 15 years of free-form bicycle advocacy (San Francisco Chronicle, Sep 27)
Happy Birthday Criticall Mass. Sorry I can't make it tonight.
- Vélos bring a new joie de vivre to Paris (Georgia Straight, BC, Sep 27)
- Iowa City almost a bicycle friendly town and Iowa City not quite bicycle-friendly (press-citizen, IA, Sep 28)
- SANTA CRUZ: CITY RECEIVES RECOGNITION FOR BEING BICYCLE FRIENDLY (CBS5.com, CA, Sep 27)
- Free bicycle fleet benefits UCO students (Edmond Sun, OK, Sep 27)
- Students must change gears to adapt to new bicycle laws (The Maine Campus, Sep 27)
- Cyclists pedal to promote safety (TheState.com, SC, Sep 28)