Here's a posting of near daily cycling news from across the country, and sometimes
interesting things from around the world. If I missed a worthy piece, please pass it on
to me. As always, comments welcome.
- Take a kid mountain biking (Newsdurhamregion.com, Oct 01)
- Motion for Translink to set up a system of rental bicycles being proposed. (CKNW, Vancouver, Oct 01) also here
- Bicycle co-op shop on its way into Shatner (McGill Daily, Montreal, Oct 01)
- Cyclists Told: Get Off The Path (Lincolnshire Echo, UK, Oct 02)
- Cyclists, stick to rules (New York Daily News, Oct 02)
Pavement or Sidewalk cycling is a problem. But I think that the bigger problem is that cyclists feel the roads to are too unsafe. Fix the roads, and provide the cyclists with some useful training
- Boy volunteers and is repaid by having his bicycle stolen (Brunswick Times Record, ME, Oct 01)
Stories like this aren't fun to post...
- School replaces man's stolen bicycle (Columbus Ledger-Enquirer, GA, Oct 02)
However, stories like this are!
- Widow sues bicycle club, Posey, driver Evansville Courier & Press, IN, Oct 02)
- Pedaling uphill battles (Ha'aretz, Israel, Oct 02)
- Cyclists’ fury at one-way street (News & Star, UK, Oct 01)
He said: “I’m baffled at the lack of consultation from the county council..."
- Children leave cyclists fuming (Suffolk Evening Star, UK, Sep 29)
Sure... Blame it on the kiddies....
- Morristown bike ride shows cyclists, drivers can co-exist (Dailyrecord.com, NJ, Sep 30)
Can't say I'm fond of this comment