Here's a posting of near daily cycling news from across the country, and sometimes
interesting things from around the world. If I missed a worthy piece, please pass it on
to me. As always, comments welcome.
Have a great holiday long weekend. Here's hoping you get lots of riding in!
- City takes `anti-car' report out for a spin (Toronto Star, Oct 04) also here and here
Oooh, the CAA are angry that we're not talking about taking those pesky cyclists and pedestrians off the road, you know, "For their own safety, of course".
- Tolls, new intersections proposed for city roads (CTV.ca, Oct 04) and here
A bit more neutral
- The car has had its day (Toronto Star, Oct 05)
And, here, the letters sent in which don't support yesterday's position by the paper.
- Bicycle-Friendly Business Awards (blogTO, Oct 06)
- Driver who hit farm workers faces prison term (Toronto Star, Oct 05) also here
Don't hit us cyclists while driving. You'll face prison. Good for the Jury!
- City looks to Paris as it cranks up self-serve bicycle rental project (Motreal Gazette, Oct 05) also see herehere
- Cyclists on the rise, but does this mean fewer cars? (The Age, Australia, Oct 06)
Even if means people take fewer car trips, it will feel like there's fewer cars.
- S.F. moving to catch up with European bike-share programs (San Francisco Chronicle, CA, Oct 03)
- Bicycle Industry Gathers in Las Vegas for a Successful 2007 Interbike (PPOLNews, NY, Oct 05)
- MP warns cyclists will die under Olympics lorries (Camden New Journal, UK, Oct 05) also here and here
Too many Toronto cyclists have died because of big trucks, too. So far only our own Toronto govenment has noticed, but they don't have the power to do anything about it.
- Haleakala bicycle tours suspended (Maui News, HI, Oct 04)
- School chosen to develop bicycle/pedestrian programs (South Carolina Now, SC, Oct 04)
Why don't we have programs like this, why do we have this instead?
- Cyclists on Cell Phones? (New West, MT, Oct 04)
Why is it even worse than when the motorists do it?
Gadgets and Gizmos