Here's a posting of near daily cycling news from across the country, and sometimes
interesting things from around the world. If I missed a worthy piece, please pass it on
to me. As always, comments welcome.
- Athlete's bicycle stolen; Paralympic team member needs bike for training (Chatham Daily News, Oct 10)
There is a special place in Hell reserved just for bicycle theives.
- Bike thieves prompt victim to make film (The Province, BC, Oct 11)
Did you know that there is a special place in Hell reserved just for bicycle theives?
- Bike Parking, Trees to Be Required in Parking Lots (Queens Gazzette, NY, Oct 10) via streetsblog
Toronto is getting so far behind other cities and their bike efforts that it is hard to beleive that we were once a leader, or that we'll ever catch up.
- Bicycle helmets work; using them saves lives (The Herald-Times, IN, Oct 11)
- Cyclists win Edinburgh commuter challenge (BikeRadar.com, UK, Oct 11)
Reminds me of Now Magazine's race, no surprise that the bike won.
- Cyclists Seize the Day (City on a Hill Press, CA, Oct 11)
- Ride safely or face a fine, cyclists told (Boston Standard, UK, Oct 10)
- Rules plainly there for bicycle riders (Arizona Republic, AZ, Oct 11)
- EPA's green bicycle plan generates mixed response (Taipei Times, Taiwan, Oct 11)
- Bicycle cops chase speeding cyclists (DetNews.com, MI, Oct 10)
- Bicycle Film Festival in London Oct. 17-21 (BikeRadar.com, UK, Oct 11)
I still feel bad that I missed it when it was in Toronto
- Should You Take Your Baby Along On Your Bicycle? (NewsReleaseWire.com, Oct 11)
- Cyclists getting more room on Highway 6 (Vail Daily News, CO, Oct 10)