Here's a posting of near daily cycling news from across the country, and sometimes
interesting things from around the world. If I missed a worthy piece, please pass it on
- Jagged metal fragment poses serious hazard (Toronto Star, Oct 13)
Other cities in North America are installing such amazing infrastructure for its cyclists! Toronto's mention in today's news: unmaintained infrastructure.
Please join our discussion of this here
- Cycling in city could be easier (Guelph Mercury, Oct 15)
- Trend toward fixed-gear bikes is picking up speed (Guelph Mercury, Oct 15)
- Greasing old wheels (Cambridge Times, Oct 12) another one here
- Adrenaline helped save cyclist's life (Ottawa Sun, Oct 11)
- Car gets the worst of it after being hit by a cyclist (Kawartha Media Group, Oct 12)
- City man builds name in bicycling circles (Standard Freeholder, Cornwall , Oct 13) get some pics here
- City donating 100 bikes to promote cycling in Vancouver (The Province, BC, Oct 15)
- Investing in Mode-Shifting: Preparing for a Peak Oil World (Alternative Energy Stocks, Oct 14)
"Where levels of biking and walking are higher, bicycle and pedestrian safety is greater."
- Victoria bicycle cops nab dognappers (Times Colonist, Victoria, Oct 12)
- Parked Cars as a Buffer for Cyclists (streetsblog, NT, Oct 12)
Thanks to jnyyz for this one
- Indianapolis Paves the Way for Bikes and Pedestrians (Streetblog, Oct 15)
- Bloomberg's a hero for championing bicycles in New York City (Pocono Record, Oct 12)
Our own Mayor Miller didn't even mention cycling in today's Star in his remarks to the Sierra Club!
- European cities tackling climate change (CTV.ca, Oct 14)
- On the right track (SikhSangat News, India, Oct 13)
- Riding a 'velo' in Paris is tres fashionable (Canada.com, Oct 11)
- Cyclists fear trams will squeeze them off roads (Scotsman, Edinburgh, Oct 15) more here
The TTC/Toronto Works does that here all the time, Spadina, Queens Quay, St Clair...
- Cyclists in a spin over pathway (Manchester Evening News, Oct 15)
- Cycling not so 'healthy' after all as new figures quadruple risk of death on roads (Daily Mail, UK, Oct 15)
- Town pedestrian areas no-go for cyclists (Hastings Observer, UK, Oct 15)
- Cyclists preparing for a two-wheel journey (thegae.com.au, Melbourne, Oct 15)
Melbourne's bike to work day is a big deal!
- Whose parents will soon be fined? (Scotsman, Oct 14)
Child cyclists under 14 must wear helmets or parents will be fined. Like what we have here, only with REAL enforcement.
- Rough deal for cyclists (hendontimes.co.uk, UK, Oct 12)
Sound like what happens here, too. We have the money allocated for new bike bike lanes, but then they don't happen!
- What is the Bicycle Dismount Zone? (The Daily Texan, Oct 12)
- Angry drivers 'risk to cyclists' (BBC, Aberystwyth UK , Oct 12)
- Time to prove Tucson is truly bicycle-friendly (Arizona Daily Star, AZ, Oct 12)
- Get that darned bicycle outta here (El Paso Times, TX, Oct 14)
"This here's motor vehicle country, honk, honk!"