Here's a posting of near daily cycling news from across the country, and sometimes interesting things from around the world. If I missed a worthy piece, please pass it on
- Blue Bike Lane (Bike Lane Diary, Oct 22)
- Bicycles for Humanity Sets Wheels in Motion to Battle Poverty
(Cambridge Now, Oct 22)
- Stop riding bicycles on sidewalks (Cambridge Times, Oct 19)
- Cyclists shouldn't be discouraged from riding (Ottawa Citizen, Canada, Oct 21)
Charles Akben-Marchand seems like a smart guy.
- Cyclists tear up reshaped dirt track; BMX riders test out Wolfe Creek's bigger jumps (Chatham Daily News, Canada, Oct 22)
- Cyclists offer feedback to Valley’s master plan (Comox Valley Record.com, Oct 19)
- Cars Lose Australian Commute Race (Brisbane) (Carectomy, Oct 22)
- Fox News attacks wrong target, as usual (Quickrelease.tv, Oct 18)
I love the Flying King story!
- In the news... (cycledog, Oct 21)
- Bicycle wholesaler unifies communications over IP (SearchVoIP, Australia, Oct 23)
- Police: we can’t stop dangerous cyclists (Dorset Echo, UK, Oct 23)
- Fat Cyclist turns his attention to bike shop kids (BikeBiz.com, UK, Oct 22)
It happens here, too, folks. Read the story.
- College students are among the keenest cyclists (Express & Echo, UK, Oct 22)
Quicker than walking or transit, autonomous, cheap. What's not to like?
- Cyclists stage protest for bicycle lanes, mass transit access (International Herald Tribune, Greece, Oct 20)
and this folliwing story too....
- Hundreds of cyclists braved heavy rainfall... (Kathimerini, Greece, Oct 22)
Civil disobedience. I love it.
- SCV Named A Bicycle Friendly Community (KHTS Radio, CA, Oct 21)
- Cycle of bayside life (Melbourne Herald Sun, Australia, Oct 22)
- Rolla team nears bicycle speed record (Belleville News Democrat, USA, Oct 21)
- Cyclists' delight as TIE chiefs rethink bike lane plan (Scotsman, United Kingdom, Oct 19)
- Firefighter sues after bicycle accident in Tempe (East Valley Tribune, AZ, Oct 20)
Sometimes suing does help make the municipality pay attention to cyclists needs. Other times they are able to defelct both.
- Cyclist wins £60,000 as judge rejects claims he staged fall (Scotsman, United Kingdom, Oct 20)
And sometimes you just win some money.
- Thai-Danish Club: Bicycle Rally and Picnic Lunch (ScandAsia.com, Thailand, Oct 20)
- Bicycle lanes: progress halted by legal loopholes (Cyprus Mail, Cyprus, Oct 20)
- Rogue cyclists face fines (Suffolk Evening Star, UK, Oct 20)
- Bicycle safety rodeo (Florida Times-Union, FL, Oct 20)
- County approves $1.2 million for further study on State Route 28 bicycle path (North Lake Tahoe Bonanza, NV, Oct 19)
- Cyclist slapped motorist round the face (Norwich Evening News, UK, Oct 19)
- Mayor to meet Barnet cyclists to discuss concerns about council funding levels (Greater London Authority, UK, Oct 23)
- Letter: Cyclists, motorists must share roads safely (Billings Gazette, MT, Oct 22)
Gadgets, Gizmos & Fashion