Here's a list of cycling news from across the country and sometimes interesting things from around the world. If I missed a worthy piece, please pass it on to me.
- Cyclist Challenges Driver Downtown - And Wins (CityNews.ca, Jan 14)
- Standing up for winter cyclists (Waterloo Record, Jan 12)
- Medical centre a high priority for mayor; 'Until we have one, we're always going to be disadvantaged' (Owen Sound Sun Times, Jan 2)
Bike lanes and bike paths are also on the priority list
- Idea #12: U-bike (TheTyee.ca, BC, Dec 31)
- Cyclists urge city to make routes more user-friendly (Saskatoon StarPhoenix, Dec 27)
- Bike path not a 'priority' (Montreal Gazette, Dec 27)
- Traffic dispute at Nankai University turns nasty (China Car Times, Jan 2)
A traffic accident gets blown out of proportion, and that means a student riot in China
- What can The Netherlands learn from us? (BikePortland.org, Jan 14)
Portland, OR and Vancouver, BC have lessons for The Netherlands about promoting cycling and bike culture, as well low-cost easy solutions that can be exported.
- Riding the SLUT: Streetcar presents danger to cyclists (University of Washington, WA, Jan 15)
Is this what we're going to get on Roncesvalles?
- Tory baroness, 84, uses handbag to whack cyclist who jumped a red ... (This is London, UK, Jan 15)
- BICYCLE BULLY-VARD (District Weekly, CA, Jan 14)
Seems like I'm not the only cyclist complaining about residents that are openly hostile to cyclists at community meetings.
- City, cyclists butt heads on storm grates (KOMO, WA, Jan 14)
I'm so glad that we don't have this problem in Toronto
- Road 'poses danger for cyclists' (Oxford Mail, UK, Jan 14)
- Bike ban blow to cyclists (Ranges Trader Mail, Australia, Jan 14)
- WARNING TO CYCLISTS (Express & Echo, UK, Jan 14)
- Making Memphis safe for cyclists through advocacy (commercialappeal.com, TN, Jan 14)
If you think that they have the right idea, join Toronto's
- Pedaling through winter on a bicycle built for one (Boston Globe, MA, Jan 13)
- Police get tough on cyclists (Norwich Evening News, UK, Jan 15)